Please, take just a moment to read this:

  • If you know ShuGuang IRL, please, keep her identity a secret (name, age, nationality...) when you post any comments or it will be deleted .
  • Of course, you might disagree with what ShuGuang posts, but always try to be polite with your arguments. Any rude comment will be deleted.
  • If you want to make any privat comment, or you know about any other interesting tool, wiki, etc., feel free to contact ShuGuang by e-mail.

Wednesday 30 May 2007

EVE: Shu Guang

Name: Shu Guang
Race: Minmatar
Bloodline: Vheriokior

That's the story you will find in my bio:

"Shu Guang is not a very talkative person. She learnt from her grand-father that listening and watching are the best ways of learning. She would have loved to learn all those things from her parents, but she never met them. The last time she saw her mother she was only a little baby. Her grandfather was a ex-soldier who couldnt go back to fight so he took care of her instead. One day, when she was still a little kid, she saw her grandfather crying. She knew in that very moment she will never see her parents again. She didnt ask. She never asked him about them, she never asked him about grandma. Then she started to wonder about the truth of all these deaths, and she started to make questions. She never found the true about her parents, she never found who killed them, she still doesn't know who and why. But she keeps asking. She decided to ask right where things are happening, so she had to become a pilot, just like her parents."

***

Why do I play EVE? Because is different to any other MMO I played so far. From the character creation (morpho creation) till the interface, the background... Besides the market system is the most advanced in any of the MMORPGs, what makes it very interesting.

What do I like about EVE? The market system as I just said, the possibility of having a totally unique character appearance, the organisation (guild) management is also amazing, and the background story is continuously being updated, depending on the players and what's going on in-game.

What don't I like about EVE? The super-monotone mission-quests, besides the background looks always the same. I think is needed of some character action, out of the ship (what is suppose to be happening soon! Let's see again then!). I also don't like the training skills system; its based on real time, not in-game time, what means that you can just pay for levelling up your skills without actually having any idea about what every skills does or is needed for, and someone who never plays but pay can have exactly the same skills you have expending your time (and isk, the ingame money, because running around is always a risk of loosing your ship) playing it.

Why did I stop playing EVE? You could say i stopped because I got bored of the quets, as I am training (because I am still training even when I am not playing it) as a fighter. I tried mining but it was even more boring for me, since I am not a very "chatting in-game" kind of player. Besides that, RL also made me stop playing it because it takes time and total concentration to go fight.

When am I gonna go back to EVE? I don't know, soon or later I will join again. After all, RL goes first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

o/ Shu,

CCP has done alot to eve-online since Red Moon Rising. Players start with a higher amount of SP, most basic skills are fairly trained when you create your char.

Here is a article about it's recent changes, http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/871/871515p1.html

It truely is a much better game now. http://www.eve-online.com/empyreanage/index.html

ISD is also doing a reat great making more and more news.

So do come back soon :)