Please, take just a moment to read this:

  • If you know ShuGuang IRL, please, keep her identity a secret (name, age, nationality...) when you post any comments or it will be deleted .
  • Of course, you might disagree with what ShuGuang posts, but always try to be polite with your arguments. Any rude comment will be deleted.
  • If you want to make any privat comment, or you know about any other interesting tool, wiki, etc., feel free to contact ShuGuang by e-mail.

Wednesday 30 May 2007

WoW: Arrasha

This is the profile I wrote for my first guild in WoW:
***
Character Name: Arrasha
Character Race: Troll
Character Class: Priest
Character Professions: Herbelist, Alchemist.
Character Description: Arrasha was born one day, like 15 years ago (why she is always 15 years old, year after year, nobody knows) falling down from a tree (how did she appeared up in that tree, nobody knows). Her first words were: "ouch, damnit, that hurts!". From that moment on, she decided to be a priest (what connection does it have, nobody knows) and fight against the so called Alliance (why does she hate them, nobody knows... oh... wait! yeah, everybody knows why!).
She is... a Troll.... ; kind of pinky skin, with big feet (... a troll...), and long pink (or violet, nobody really knows...) hair, brown eyes and short tusk (... only 15 years old, you know? They will grow up!).

***

I play in "Defias Brotherhood" server, a pvprpg realm.
About the level... should be around 40, but I dont really remember, to be honest. I played quite a few other chars in other servers, some are around lvl 10.

What's pvprpg?
PvP means player versus player. It's when you have the chance to kill another character that is not an NPC (not player character = "computer controlled" character).
In WoW is based in the 2 different sides of the story: the Alliance and the Horde (I was on the Horde side). So the pvp is basically that you can kill the players that you find around from the other side of the story (and be killed, of course).
My first char was on the Alliance side, but after a while i couldnt stand so many kids trying to be Legolas, and I started this char on the other side. But that didn't mean that I was gonna get away from those kids (and when I say "kid" I'm talking more about an actitud than an age); lame people is everywhere. Besides the Allies keeped attacking low level villages to get their "honor" (???) up... and some of them just to be annoying...
The game is quite exciting because of the pvp part (I dont understand people who chose a non-pvp realm, the fun is gone then!), becuase, honestly, the quests and missions become a bit monotone and boring after a while.
Rpg means role play game. Suppously you go around interacting with the rest of the players as your char, and not as another player (of course, some people doesnt get that, and when you team up, they inmediatly ask you "how old are you? where are you from? are you male or female?...", what makes me wonder why they dont just go to a flirting chat...).
This part is really fun, becuase you have to make your story out, and try to act loyal to what you thought your char would be if it was real. Trolls have that Hamaican touch, so it was really fun.

What don't I like about WoW? Beside the monotone quests, and the endless time you take to level up (and then be able to actually do something!), there is not much I can complain about.

What do I like about WoW? Besides what I just said about the pvprpg, the great graphics, and the totally playfull map (without having to wait for the download of the next area), there is tons of details that makes this game really good: the possibility of learning professions, the way you can make bussines with the actionners, the multiple possibilities of armors you can get, the way you have to think propperly about how you chose the skills you train... Somehow all this things make your character kind of unique.

Why did I stop playing WoW? Because of Blizzard, the company who doesnt care about the costumer, because they already have so many... In short, the problem started with one of the last patches before the Burning Crusade came out. My game was a present, and I didnt get the cds, but only the serial number of the account (It was not a second hand account, but the person who gave me the game just never bothered to send me the packet after he gave me the serial number, we didnt think I was gonna need it), so I had to download the american version of the game, and change some files to play in the european realms. So far so good. But the patches that Blizzard realeaze are not the same for both versions, so my game totally screwed up. I could see in the forums that I was actually not the only one. Blizzard ignored our petitions. Finally the problem was fixed by some other player who was nice enough to share the files that fixed it. That was the last time I logged into WoW: Why should I pay monthly for a service that you dont get? I mean, GW, for example, doesnt ask for monthly fees and the costumer service works anytime you need it anyway, and the servers are always up.

Am I gonna continue playing WoW?... After all... yes, Im afraid so. It's a very enjoyable game, that's the truth. It doesn't force you to use much brains (to be honest), as EVE does, for example, so it's quite relaxing to play. When? I'm not sure. No long ago, one of my MMORPGs partners told me he was thinking about testing that game out. I might join him then.

No comments: