Please, take just a moment to read this:

  • If you know ShuGuang IRL, please, keep her identity a secret (name, age, nationality...) when you post any comments or it will be deleted .
  • Of course, you might disagree with what ShuGuang posts, but always try to be polite with your arguments. Any rude comment will be deleted.
  • If you want to make any privat comment, or you know about any other interesting tool, wiki, etc., feel free to contact ShuGuang by e-mail.

Tuesday 22 May 2007

My "RPGs CV"

Everything started with "Baldur's Gate". I had been playing RPGs with some friends (the traditional way: with the books, your profile, a pencil, a boll of chips, a beer, the candles...). One day one friend told me about the RPG world on PC, and he gave me this game as a present. Inmedially I became addicted. My first char was a female human fighter called Zarya (Shu Guang in russian, actually). For a few years I continued playing PC RPGs for 1 player, untill someone introduced me to the world of the MMORPGs. There was when Guild Wars appeared:


I played first in a sharing account, what, obviously, became problematic, so I ended getting my own: Guild Wars Prophecies CE (I love my shinning hands!^^). I must say I've found quite a lot of good friends from all over the world, playing that game. Some of them have even tried another games with me. But personal problems took me away from it for long time. After a while, the next campaign, Factions, came out. I have to be honest: I didnt like it at all, I got bored. So I decided to try with some other new games. The next one was World of Warcraft.

For 4 months I played a little priest Troll called Arrasha. I must say the game is fun when you play in an RPPVP server, that allows you to go on with your quests, with the excitament of getting own by some allies... Besides the fact of getting bored because of the long time taken to increase your level (and so, be able to really do some PvP), the game is amazing. Then, why did I stop playing it? Because of Blizzard. I got some problems with some patches (is a long story) and like me, tons of players who complained on their forums. Blizzard ignored all of us, and the problem was solve by some nice player... I refused to continue paying for a service I was not getting (since you have to pay monthly). Then I decided to test the MMORPG that is suppous to be one of the best ever: EVE online. Although it's not a fantasy based game, it got me for a few months: Shu Guang bought her first space ship.
But it's more about PvP, and I'm not a PvP player, plus the first few months is quite frustrating (the skills take long time to train), I decided to take a break for a while.
Before going back to Guild Wars (and also during my game time in one of those other big MMORPGs), I tested a few other games: Dangers & Dragons (what I found boring for a monthly payd MMORPG), Linage2 (very nice game, but I didnt continue because some friends advice - that's another story), Flyff (Fly For Fun, cute anime based game), Silkroad Online (nice game totally for free), Hero Online (another anime looking game based in martial arts), Last Chaos (quite nice looking, similar to L2, but with a very laggy servers that make the game impossible), and a few others that I dont even remember anymore.

Now I'm continuing with Guild Wars NightFall, but I'm still keeping all my characters in the other games, and I know I will go back to them one day.

No comments: